*Warning - heavy duty swearing ahead*
The secret is....parenting ASD kids can suck hairy fuckin' dogs' balls.
Sometimes.
Another meltdown today, a major one that chewed through the whole frigging day.
Seriously, I have not the fuckin' foggiest idea where they think parents can pull the magic wand from - that's the magic wand that we're still looking for, mind you - to wave and make these situations all better.
*those last two words said with saccharine sweetness*
I can assure you I aint pulling no magic stick from my arse and if I were I wouldn't be waving it willy-nilly about expecting some ethereal being to 'zap' things better, ffs.
If I had the misfortune to pull any stick from my rear it would involve a great deal more bloody swearing than is happening here and the promise to whack whoever put it there upside their dipsy-doodled nut.
Tally today - bruises = dunno, they haven't come out yet.
Hair = mostly intact (except for the hair that was pulled out by the roots).
Breakage = egg timer.
Overall, not too bad for a full on meltdown that lasted all day.
Last night, a minor meltdown.
What over?
The kid had his hand accidentally kicked in a footy match.
I asked "Does it hurt?"
"No."
Then a bit later I asked him to write a reply to a lady who'd sent him a letter.
Meltdown !!!!
When I was able to hold the punching, kicking rugrat still for more than a flippin' nanosecond what do I spy?
A very swollen knuckle.
"Does it hurt?" I ask
"No, I told you it doesn't hurt." he snapped back.
"Go and pick up a pencil" I said.
"No, it hurts to hold a pencil"
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
The farking concrete thinking becomes even thicker and more Rapid-Set with pain on board, apparently.
"So, this is all about the fact your finger hurts and you can't hold a pencil or pen to write a reply?"
"Yes"
"Why didn't you just say your finger hurt?"
"Cos it doesn't hurt."
Grinding teeth here - by the way at this rate I'll be down to the gums within the next few years - when I replied,
"Ok, why didn't you say that your finger hurt when you tried to pick up a pencil?"
"Oh, I didn't realise it hurt."
Arrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
You are Here »
Home
»
Aspergers autism
,
autism behaviours
,
concrete thinking
,
meltdowns rage attacks
»
D'ya wanna know a secret? (ooooh ahhh ooooh) D'ya promise not to tell?